Gbenga Daniel Will Kill PDP – Kashamu

THE Senator representing Ogun East, Buruji Kashamu, has said it will be “a monumental disaster” to elect former Ogun State Governor Gbenga Daniel as Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) national chairman. Reacting to Daniel’s official declaration to vie for the position yesterday, Kashamu said Daniel was the least qualified among those aspiring for the post. The statement reads in part, “When I heard that he was vying for the post, my initial reaction was that it was a joke. But, now that he has decided to make a formal declaration, I…

Read More

PDP Political Gladiators At Work

  By Stephen Ubanna Ahead of the 2019 Presidential election there had been  new political realignment of political gladiators in the country. This is evident going by the consultations going on across the country. On Wednesday, October 18, 2017,, former President Goodluck Jonathan had visited Ibrahim Babangida, a retired army General and  former military President and elder statesman in his Hill top residence, Minna, Niger state to consult with him.Jonathan was said to have been accompanied in the visit by Nimi Barigha  Amange,  one of the Senators representing Bayelsa state…

Read More

November 18: Internal Strife Cripples PDP

By Chidiebere Onyemaizu   Recent developments in the Anambra state chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, according to the party, fuel allegations that certain members of the party in the state have been recruited by Governor Willie Obiano of the All Progressives Grand Alliance, APGA, to undermine it and scuttle chances of its candidate, Oseloka Henry Obaze in the November 18 gubernatorial election in the state. Parallel PDP rallies were held simultaneously in the state last week. One was the flag off of Obaze’s campaign at the commercial city…

Read More

Arms Importation: Buhari Meets Turkish Leader

By Bayo Bernard High level diplomatic talks are currently on going between the Nigerian government and its Turkish counterpart. The meeting taking place in Ankra, the Turkish capital, the magazine learnt was at the instance of President Muhammadu Buhari. Buhari had arrived Turkey, yesterday October 18 where he was expected to take part in the 9th summit of the Developing 8 (D-8) tomorrow.. The relations between the two friendly nations have recently been challenged by incessant importation of dangerous arms into the country. Four times within the last eight months…

Read More

Nigeria’s Rotten-Sweet Yams

By Oji Odu Ferdinand Akuso was not surprised after he discovered that about 70 percent of the tuber of yam which he was preparing to boil was rotten. “ I had to salvage what was left of the remaining 30 percent before I had something to eat of the yam that night. It was not strange because sometimes you may not know the rotten yams by mere looking,” he lamented. His experience is not isolated, as he only ate about 30 percent of the N500 yam. Since the rejection of…

Read More

Evans changes plea, pleads not guilty

Evans, whose real name is Chukwudumem Onwuamadike, whose kidnapping exploits shook the foundation of society, today pleads not guilty to charges leveled against him, which includes but is not limited to conspiracy and kidnapping.He is facing 52 charges in 14 different cases in courts in Lagos and Edo States. The Lagos State Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice, Adeniji Kazeem, led the prosecution of the first arraignment. According to him,Evans  and his team, including those at large, committed the offenses between February 14 and April 12, 2017.In in his earlier appearance…

Read More

Buhari’s integrity rating hits an all time low.

Integrity, which was a reference point of President Muhammadu Buhari has reached an all time low as knocks on his anti corruption war is being reduced to personal vendetta and war against opposition on a daily basis. All his lieutenants caught n the web of scandal and financial recklessness has been shielded one way or the other, and blames heaped on past governments even in the face of glaring incompetence around him. The latest of these was the Baru_Kachikwu feud, which was an embarrassment to the government. Minister of state…

Read More

Buhari aproves pension for Biafran veterans

Forty-seven years after the end of the Nigerian civil war, President Muhammadu Buhari has approved payment of pensions to Veterans-soldiers, policemen and paramilitary personnel who were involved in the civil war. Many of them, who were youths during the war, were either already dead or ageing. The veterans, who were dismissed from service after the civil war that lasted between 1967 and 1970, and whose dismissal was commuted to retirements in the year 2000,will begin receiving their pensions by 20th of October 2017. It is not clear how this is…

Read More