CCT Reserves Ruling on Saraki

The Federal Government on Thursday asked the Code of Conduct Tribunal to dismiss the no- case submission filed by the Senate President, Bukola Saraki , to fault the evidence led by the prosecution in relation to the 16 charges of false declaration and other related offences preferred against him . The Senate President , through his no- case submission filed before the CCT on May 26, 2017, contended that none of the exhibits tendered and no evidence given by the four prosecution witnesses linked him to the alleged offences to…

Read More

Whistle Blowers Receives N375 Million As First Payment

The Federal Ministry of Finance has confirmed the release of N375.8M to the first batch of 20 providers of information under the Whistleblower Policy. The payment, of various amounts totaling N375,875,000, relate to the recovery of N11,635,000,000 . The Minister for Finance, Mrs. Kemi Adeosun stated: “This payment, which is the first under the Whistleblower Policy, underscores the commitment of the President Muhmmadu Buhari-led administration in meeting obligations to information providers under the Whistleblower Policy. The policy is an essential tool in the fight against corruption.” She further disclosed recent…

Read More

FG Probes N700Billion Niger/Delta Projects Under Yar’adua-Jonathan Administration

The Federal Government is to probe N700 billion worth of projects in the Niger Delta, which were awarded by the late President Umaru Yar’Adua/Goodluck Jonathan administrations. Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Usani N. Usani, who disclosed this while briefing State House correspondents after yesterday’s Federal Executive Council, FEC, meeting chaired by acting President Yemi Osinbajo, said those found culpable would either be made to return the money or face the anti-graft agencies. He said that 60 percent of the contract sum, about N423 billion, had been released for the 427…

Read More

Sagay Calls on the FG to Respect Court Orders on Dasuki and El-Zazaky

The Chairman, Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption, Prof. Itse Sagay (SAN), has asked the Federal Government to obey court orders regarding the detention of embattled former National Security Adviser, Col. Sambo Dasuki (retd.); and the leader of the Islamic Movement of Nigeria, Sheik Ibrahim El-Zakzaky. Sagay said this during an interview with The PUNCH while reacting to calls by the Nigerian Bar Association for the release of Dasuki and El-Zakzaky. The senior advocate advised the Federal Government to either obey the court order by immediately releasing them or to appeal…

Read More

‘Buhari Administration has Produced New Sets of Millionaires’ – Lai Mohammed

The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed,  said that the Federal Government through its agriculture empowerment programme had created new set of millionaires in farming. The minister stated this when he featured on a special edition of Channels TV programme, “Sunrise Daily” on the mid-term report of President Muhammadu Buhari-led administration. Lai Mohammed Mohammed said that many young farmers were empowered through the Central Bank of Nigeria’s Anchor Borrower Programme and the Federal Ministry of Agriculture’s Soil Map initiative. He said that the programme, which recorded huge success…

Read More

Court orders interim forfeiture of N449.77m recovered by EFCC in a shop

A Federal High Court sitting in Lagos, yesterday, ordered an interim forfeiture of N449. 77milion recently uncovered by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, in a shop at LEGICO Shopping Plaza, Victoria Island, Lagos. Trial judge in the matter is Justice R.M. Aikwa. The order followed an ex-parte application by Rotimi Oyedepo, an EFCC prosecutor, pursuant to Section 17 of the Advance Fee Fraud and Other Fraud Related Offences Act No. 14, 2006. In his ruling, Justice Aikawa ordered anyone interested in the money to appear before him at…

Read More

FG Docks Peace Corp Boss OverAlleged N1.4 Billion Fraud

The Federal Government, yesterday, arraigned the Commandant of Peace Corps of Nigeria, Mr. Dickson Akor, before the Federal High Court in Abuja, over his alleged involvement in N1.4 billion recruitment scam. Akor, who was docked on a 90-count criminal charge, was accused of extorting money from applicants seeking to join the corps. Arrested Peace Corps members The Incorporated Trustees of the Corps was equally cited as the 2nd defendant in the charge marked FHC/ABJ/CR/45/2017. Meanwhile, Akor pleaded not guilty to the charge, even as trial Justice John Tsoho granted him…

Read More

Ife Crisis: Media Group Warn Against Reprisal Attack, Wants FG To Act

By Akinwale Kasali The Journalists for Democratic Rights, JODER, JODER, a human rights organisation has again warned  the Federal Government to beware of some organized armed groups planning revenge attacks following the ethnic crisis at Ile-Ife early in March. In a statement issued on Friday, JODER alerted authorities of  another version of a video clip  calling for revenge. The new video seen on Thursday is the second of such hate video being circulated with intent to create a sense of siege that will spur violence. “There are two dangerous video clips in…

Read More

Media Group Tasks FG to Stop Hate Video on Revenge Killing

The Federal Government has been asked to prevent possible revenge killings following the ethnic crisis at Ile-Ife which led to deaths and destruction of properties. In a statement, the Human Rights Organisation, Journalists for Democratic Rights, (JODER) urged the Federal Government and the Osun State authorities to beware of a crafted hate video being circulated on the internet urging the Hausa-Fulani ethnic group to carry out reprisal attacks. The foremost media group said renewed hostility and another circle of violence will be prevented if the relevant authorities can move quickly…

Read More